« Home | Cosmic Conundrum: The universe seems uncannily we... » | Fury over JFK assassin game "AP - Cyberassassins ... » | New U2-album: the verdict mwaaaah » | Made in .be I've had some complaints lately on th... » | 45 years later: still Miles ahead... On November ... » | In the Dutch Mountains... Winner of the week: Th... » | Belgian soccer: there's always something to talk ... » | 2004-The best of Since everybody is still trying ... » | Fortuyn-Bush: one battle Yesterday, this site rep... » | New-Zealand discovers new life-forms, US Marines ... »

Adeste fidele, laeti triumphante

Venite, venite In Be-he-tle-hem...
Venite adoremus, venite adoremus, venite adoremu-hus Do-ho-mi-nus (*)

Okay, you got me. It IS Christmas. Yesterday I was walking through this fair city and there was no denying it. The gorgeous lights in Henry Street, Grafton Street and O'Connelstreet. The asses all around me. All the men form the East wandering the streets. Babies crying in the allies of Temple Bar... Christmastrees all around. Even the homeless seem in a very Christmassy... They've never looked so cold and desperate as these last couple of days...

Where's Bono when you need him? No, seriously. He's of to some African country to save the little children there, but everytime he goes to his hotel in Temple bar, or to Lilly's Pink Bordello (it's just a pub...) in Grafton Street he is literally stumbling over homeless fellow Dubliners... I guess helping them is not so high-profile...

Anyway, I've made a decision yesterday. On Christmas eve, I'm going to make one of those poor bastards happy and give him 20 euro, so he can check into a youth hostel for the night. He might even get a piece of turkey for it. I'm sure this little gesture won't redeem my soul. But maybe the old guy upstairs can cut me a little slack and send a cute blonde with a pair of huge knockers (des gros nichons) my way...

(*) Oh come let us adore him, oh come let us adore him, oh come let us adore hi-im, Chri-hist the Lord...


This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment

The Squad

Is there anybody out there?

The book in my hand

Disc Located

April Fools

His masters voice

The Greenback

Flat Earth Society