« Home | His shadow will remain, even after he is gone...We... » | Ireland - SwitserlandHi Max. Pint. Rebel Sandwich.... » | You never know what you're gonna getIsn't life a b... » | The Matrix 1932 ADBack off, Neo, your grandfather ... » | Complaint pour Saint-KatharinaW Jr.Who art in-comp... » | Exciting times...Just rented a new pad in Ghent, w... » | Hot! Hot! Heat!The last couple of days have been a... » | Eire sick?Is that a word? Who cares! I just made i... » | Depeche Mode are back...and so is BietjeIt's been ... » | The pope is dead...Maybe it is time for a less con... »

My fair lady

So, my time here in Dublin is almost up. It's been quite cultural actually (apart from the mandatory binge drinking that is).
I've bought two books on Bill Hicks, the in-your-face stand-up comedian who would have had a field day this week with the Bush administration. The first one Love all the people is a transcription of Bill's performances, his letters and lyrics. The second one American Scream is a biography pur sang.
On a liter comical note I've bought The world according to Clarkson (Jeremy that is, the lunatic from Top Gear) and A year in the Merde and Merde actually by Stephen Clarke, an Englishman in Paris... I think one can never know enough stereotypes on the French. Saw a brilliant stand-up comedian festival in the attic of the International Pub on Saturday...
Another purchase was a joint biography of Eamon DeValera and Michael Collins, arguably the two most important protagonists in Irish history.
I've visited Kilmainham Goal, where both men were imprisoned after the rising of 1916. I also visited Dublin Castle, center of British rule over Ireland for centuries and on Sunday I went on the 1916 Easter Rebellion Tour and bought the book from my tourguide Conor Kostick.

All in all enough to make me realise - in true Swiss Tonianstyle- that Dublin is very much like a desirable, hot (leather bootwearing), attractive young woman: I'd very much like to be with her, but I just haven't got the money to entertain her...

Ook al heb je hier voornamelijk lelijke venten als kameraden en dragen de wijven hier galosjen, toch heten we, ik zeker, je graag terug welkom. Laat er ons eerst nog lang van klappen en daarna mss voorgoed vertrekken...

I really enjoyed reading your Blog about flea market toronto. I also have a Blog/Website about flea market toronto come check it out!! Have a great day!

Geen wonder dus dat het bekendste beeld in Dublin een hoertje voorstelt dat een tweede baan moest nemen om rond te komen.

Hi Blogger love your blog. I came across it while looking for what dream mean. I know this post is not an exact match but thanks for the read. I'll get on with my search for what dream mean stuff and will visit again sometime. Take Care

Hi Blogger love your blog. I came across it while looking for dream symbol. I know this post is not an exact match but thanks for the read. I'll get on with my search for dream symbol stuff and will visit again sometime. Take Care

Post a Comment

The Squad

Is there anybody out there?

The book in my hand

Disc Located

April Fools

His masters voice

The Greenback

Flat Earth Society