« Home | Contest... If you can email me at least one hit o... » | MORE! MORE! MORE! Belinda Carlisle, Bros, Taco, R... » | Retrojunk.com Ever get nostalgic about your child... » | I know who killed…the Zutons (It wasn’t the Klingo... » | Let there be light... Yesterday I had some photos... » | Peace in Northern-Ireland looks uncertain DUP insi... » | Den Tuveneir (1921-2004) "Teige Van Batsen en Gul... » | The winter of my discontent So, the day after no ... » | Musings for the (X)-Masses Exactly one year ago I... » | Bush urging Ottawa to join Star Wars program Feren... »

The eighties-craze goes on!


It has been bugging me for days: who sung "You'll always find me in the kitchen at parties" and "Stop the Cavalry". This guy was a one-hit-wonder who actually had two (very different-sounding) hits. Thanks to my colleague Rob, I nailed him down: Jona Lewie!


You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties


I'm no good at chatting up and I always get rebuffed.Enough to drive a man to drink I don't do no washing up.I always reached the stuff piled upa-piled up in the sink.But you will always find him in the kitchen at parties.Me and my girlfriend we argued and she ran away from home.She must have found somebody new and now I'm all aloneLiving in my own. What am I supposed to do?That's why always find him in kitchen at parties.you will always find him in the kitchen at parties.You will always find him in the kitchen at parties.Then I met this debutante I said I like new wave rock.She was into french cuisine but I ain't no cordon bleu.This was at some do in palmers greenI had no luck with her.You will still find him in kitchen at parties.You will still find him in kitchen at parties.At last I met a pretty girl she laughed and talked with me.We both walked out of the kitchen and dnaced in a new way.And now I've done my time in the kitchen at parties.I've done my time in the kitchen at partiesHe's done his time in the kitchen at parties.He's done his time in the kitchen at parties.


The catchy synthriff of this song was used by Liquido a couple of years ago, for their hit Narcotic...


Stop The Cavalry


Hey, Mr. Churchill comes over here to say we're doing splendidly. But it's very cold out here in the snow,marching to win from the enemy. Oh I say it's tough,I have had enough. Can you stop the cavalry?I have had to fight, almost every night down throughout these centuries. That is when I say, oh yes yet againCan you stop the cavalry? Mary Bradley waits at home in the nuclear fall-out zone. Wish I could be dancing now in the arms of the girl I love.
Dub a dub a dum dumDub a dub a dumDub a dum dum dub a dubDub a dub a dumDub a dub a dum dumDub a dub a dumDub a dum dum dub a dubDub a dub a dum. Wish I was at home for Christmas.
Bang! That's another bomb on another town. While Luzar and Jim have tea. If I get home, live to tell the tale, I'll run for all presidencies. If I get elected I'll stop - I will stop the cavalry. Wish I could be dancing nowin the arms of the girl I love. Mary Bradley waits at home. She has been waiting 2 years long. Wish I was at home for Christmas.


This is an all time Christmas-favorite you might even hear on the radio these days!
Thanks for sorting that out, Rob!

The Squad

Is there anybody out there?

The book in my hand

Disc Located

April Fools

His masters voice

The Greenback

Flat Earth Society