« Home | Playing the athletePain and suffering in various t... » | Reality is more exciting than fictionNOT!During my... » | The next big thingBut I've one question, I want so... » | Depeche does DublinIt was just a question of timeM... » | Blog Party PPKLTS"There is no gravity, the world j... » | COUNTY MAYO, GOD help us!!!Just returned from the ... » | Basic Instinct IIWhat's new pussycat?But you know ... » | Chock! Horror! Catastrophe!How to lose all sense o... » | Pissing off people at randomCourtesy of Bill Hicks... » | Out of touchSlow down, will ya'llI need a new set ... »

Songs of stamina and endurance
One feels a theme developing, huh?

This morning I continued my quest for the six-pack with a light recovery-run. After Sunday's epic, I continued the Bietje's Best Badminton Battle yesterday, and - due to a combination of physical strength, technical ability, cunning tactics and basic nitty-gritty - demolished my co-worker with a rather overwhelming 4-0 victory. This morning I went along the same tour I've described to you earlier (face it DVLMN, it must be more than 16K, the bit along the Coupure along is about 4. I should know, I ran it during the official 10K Ghent-run...).
Started of really slow, stopping in my tracks to do the necessary stretching. After about half an hour, I got going, stepping it up every now and then. Along the Coupure I really dug deep, getting the heart rate up to 190; going flat out and then accelerating even more. Trees were swaying, frothy waves were forming on the Coupure and I do believe I saw one of those little tourist boats tip over. The smell of burnt rubber told me it was time to slow down (or was it my breakfast resurfacing?)... Ok, I was hardly Michael Schumacher, I don't even think I was Ralph. But you get up at eight and burn a thousand calories first thing in the morning. Anyway, feel great. Been watching my food (used to eat with my eyes closed...), lay of the booze and I've lost over two stones by now. Two days of rest, another badminton game on Friday and then another run (Menen-Kortrijk and back?) on Saturday, before we go off to the PPKLTS-party in Roeselare. C yis!

bizar but pleasant to read your writings about RUNNING :)
never thought this could happen.
Killer!

but 20k in 90 minutes? Don't think I don't support you, but than you would 've improved a whole darn lot :) but hey, if it's so, GO BIETJE!

I know that my time on the 10K of Ghent would suggest it is impossible, but there are a few facts one should consider.

1. I've been on a diet and lost about 10kg since then
2. It was scorching hot that day, I'm a rainman...
3. I've step up the training quite a bit since then...

Might not be 20K, but it'll be darn close

14 kilo? Fuckin 'ell Biet! Congrats!

Post a Comment

The Squad

Is there anybody out there?

The book in my hand

Disc Located

April Fools

His masters voice

The Greenback

Flat Earth Society