« Home | Shaddap you face! The guy left of me is called R... » | The eighties-craze goes on! It has been bugging m... » | Contest... If you can email me at least one hit o... » | MORE! MORE! MORE! Belinda Carlisle, Bros, Taco, R... » | Retrojunk.com Ever get nostalgic about your child... » | I know who killed…the Zutons (It wasn’t the Klingo... » | Let there be light... Yesterday I had some photos... » | Peace in Northern-Ireland looks uncertain DUP insi... » | Den Tuveneir (1921-2004) "Teige Van Batsen en Gul... » | The winter of my discontent So, the day after no ... »

God save the queen

Sorry about these last posts. I know I've been overdoing the whole eighties-thing a bit (but you'll admit they were amazing!...) Anyway, I have another piece of disturbing musicnews...

Legendary rockband Queen will tour again. Freddy Mercury will not be joining the band on stage for personal reasons, also bass-player John Deacon might not be rejoining the group...

Queen? Without Freddy Mercury? That's hardly an ugly little princess, is it? I remember I was appalled when rumours persisted a couple of years ago that Robbie Williams might be the new Queen-singer. He's not nearly queer enough to fill Freddies shoes.

Terence Trent D'Arby replaced Michael Hutchence as INXS-frontman a couple of years ago. After just a few gigs, the remaining INXS'ers realised it wasn't right. It's over guys. Let it be. Maybe Boy George can lead the new Nirvana, or the Pet Shop Boys might team up with Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr...

This is just plain stupid. Nobody can replace Freddie Mercury. The guy had incredible presence, amazing chesthair, he was a Mazdaist and had a set of front-teeth like nobody else since him.

The new leadsinger will be Paul Rodgers, former Bad Company. What's in a name...

The Squad

Is there anybody out there?

The book in my hand

Disc Located

April Fools

His masters voice

The Greenback

Flat Earth Society