« Home | Do they know it’s Christmas time at all? (They do,... » | We're on a road to nowhere... Conversations in Dub... » | Smiths(e butn en rap) Bigmouth strikes again John... » | Bridges of the world Unite and take over This mor... » | God save the queen Sorry about these last posts. ... » | Shaddap you face! The guy left of me is called R... » | The eighties-craze goes on! It has been bugging m... » | Contest... If you can email me at least one hit o... » | MORE! MORE! MORE! Belinda Carlisle, Bros, Taco, R... » | Retrojunk.com Ever get nostalgic about your child... »

Et cetero censeo Carthagem delendam est
O tempora, o mores et cetera et cetera

I have absolutely nothing to say. Well, if I can't come up with something myself, why not steal someone else's thunder? I want to tell you about this hilarious blog: Why was daddy kissing that man in the park? (I dunno really, I always thought my old man was straight as an arrow. Goes to show: you never really know what someone's thinking, do you?).

There was this story on there a couple of days ago about a ...
snot-cicle. I laughed my head off (spent most of the night in the E.R., but they managed to put it back on. Lost some hair in the process unfortunately).

Anyway, let's get back to our point here: snot. I have a very bad case of it right now and whilst blowing my nose, the mind often wanders.
I remember my last year in secondary school. During one of the most boring Latin-lessons ever (teacher Verdonck was an absolute tool, nothing compared to Van Der Donckt aka King Kong we had the three previous years. That man is still a hero to me. When Ceasar said the Belgians were the bravest of the Gauls he must have had that man in mind. And anyone who can make Cicero sound boring, should be executed on the spot!), the teacher sneezed. Two strings of snot hung from his nose in a very Dumb-and-dumber-Jim-Carrey-kind of way. Me and my mate absolutely cracked up. But apparently we were the only ones to notice. Up until today I don't know if the snotcicles were only in our heads or if they were actually and physically on his. Anyway, it got to the point where we got sent to the principle for laughing without reason and disturbing the class (Only thing we did was wake up a couple of fellow students).
So what could we do? Say: "Excuse me, Sir, your face has been covered in snot for the last hour or so. You're making an absolute ass of yourself and it's actually your fault we've been disturbing class. Anyway, it's a good trick, sir. Actually keeps us focused for once. Maybe not on Tacitus, but then again, you could make Lock, Stock and two smoking barrels an antagonizing glooming hour and a half, could you? You're about as much fun as being skinned and dropped in a barrel of vinegar. Your parents German by any chance, Sir?"

Or just take the blame and go to the principle? Well, that's what we did. He wasn't in due to personal reasons (his mistress -our French teacher, Vanneste- feared to be pregnant, which the doctors denied on the grounds of him being a man (the French teacher as well as the principle)).
So we got away with just apologizing to Verdonck (still covered in snot at the time). Strangely enough I got my lowest grade ever on Latin that year. But, despite that man I still think everybody should have read the Catalinic Speaches and the story of Scipio Africanus.


Sic transit gloria mundae...



The Squad

Is there anybody out there?

The book in my hand

Disc Located

April Fools

His masters voice

The Greenback

Flat Earth Society