« Home | Urine may lead to collapse of major bridge in Suma... » | Ahern calls on Blair to accelerate military reduct... » | Al Quaeda loses prime unit in failed suicide-attac... » | I dumped her! She kept stealing my fridgemagnets ... » | Meet my lass Granted, it took me a while, but I'v... » | I think I may have gone mad on the gymthingy I'm ... » | Dear John-letter Dear John, for years I've been... » | A bit of Oirish Coltior Off course there is loads... » | Adeste fidele, laeti triumphante Venite, venite I... » | Cosmic Conundrum: The universe seems uncannily we... »

Indian and Belgian parliament to install defibrillators
Elio di Rupo looked shocked at VB proposal

India's federal parliament will install defibrillators in case debates prove too stressful for MPs with heart condition.

The Indian Express newspaper said 14 of the emergency machines, each worth 190,000 rupees (4,130 dollars), would be placed at key points such as parliament's library where MPs are known to gather after a hard day's filibustering.

At least 210 of the 543 parliamentarians elected to office in May this year are above 56 years of age while 35 are proud septuagenarians, records show. Besides the defibrillators, the national assembly will also have a special ambulance fully loaded with modern equipment idling at its doorsteps when the house resumes business on Wednesday, the mass-circulation daily said.

In a related story, Belgians biggest opposition party, Vlaams Belang, would also like to see defibrillators installed in parliament. They plan to shock Elio Di Rupo (PS) if he dares just to look at one of them. Prime Minister Verhofstadt (VLD) will investigate the matter as he would like to use the devises on fellow party-members De Decker and Coveliers. VB’s plan to reroute the gaspipes in the showers has been dismissed.

The Squad

Is there anybody out there?

The book in my hand

Disc Located

April Fools

His masters voice

The Greenback

Flat Earth Society