« Home | Legions of Doom VIII And there you have it. I jus... » | Legions of Doom VII Pestilence was living proof t... » | Legions of Doom VI With the arrival of The Master... » | Legions of Doom V Charlton left his throne and to... » | Legions of Doom IV The rain was gushing down, thu... » | Legions of Doom III The Foul Riders left Dublin, ... » | Legions of Doom II The Riders of Doom set out fro... » | Legions of Doom The full moon was caressing the s... » | Myth becomes legend… Legend becomes crap Went to ... » | Blowing for Columbine Yesterday I was on the DART... »

Sticks and stones...

With this whole Doom-thing I've been putting something on hold for over a week. Bart Vandamme sent me a music-survey that I was supposed to log, so here go. I am going to do this my way, just telling you my four favourite songs of all time and discussing the last song I heard.

Last song I heard this morning was "I love you, goodbye" by Thomas Dolby. From his last album "Astronauts and Heretics" which featured guest-appearences by Eddy Van Halen and Ofrah Haza. It’s a Cajun-style song by the synth-wizzard deploring the loss of his big love… The thunderstorm at the end makes it really haunting, one of his best songs.

Four favourite songs:

-Enjoy the Silence-Depeche Mode
Arguably the best pop song ever recorded. Originally a ballad sung by the band’s songwriter Martin Gore (similar to the Harmonium-remix featured on the maxi-single) it was sped up by Alan Wilder and Martin added the catchy guitar-riff to that. The single reached the number 6 spot in the UK and was voted best single at the Brits in 1990. A remix by Linkin Park made it to number 7 last December. The video by Dutch photographer-cineast Anton Corbijn is also a beauty, featuring lead-singer Dave Gahan wandering around in the Alps, Portugal and Schotland as a king.
-Swan Song-Bruce Hornsby
From his amazing album “Spirit Trail”. Heartbreaking pianoballad. I saw Bruce last November live, and this was the last encore he played. The best piano-player/song writer in the world. And that’s just the way it is.
-Caroline-MC Solaar
Was voted to be one of the 50 best French love-songs ever just a couple of years ago, joining the likes of Jacques Brel, Charles Aznavour and Serge Gainsbourg. Best lyrics ever.
-One more time-Joe Jackson
This could have been any song by Joe, but I particularly remind this one from his concert in the Ancienne Belgique, April 2003. One of his first singles, bursting with energy. Not the best singing voice, but an amazing musician.

The Squad

Is there anybody out there?

The book in my hand

Disc Located

April Fools

His masters voice

The Greenback

Flat Earth Society